Here are some basic cleaning tips to help you keep your teeth clean:
- Brush teeth, tongue and gums at least twice a day (after breakfast and before bedtime) for two to three minutes.
- Clean between teeth with dental floss daily.
- Visit your dentist twice a year every 6 months.
- Limit sugary or starchy foods and drinks.
- Replace your toothbrush 3-4 times a year.
- If you wear removable appliances, clean them after eating and rinse before replacing them in your mouth.
- Consume ample amounts of calcium-rich foods, such as low-fat milk, yogurt and cheese. Calcium is vital for strong teeth and bones.
Allow Dr. Michael Powers and his staff to help you keep your teeth clean and healthy. Call us today to set up an appointment.